Mango Lassi Recipe | Indian Summer Drink
When Mangoes are in season, we love to make the most of it and it goes without saying that Mango Recipes will start pouring in my kitchen. So everything is revolving around this king of fruits. I have rarely seen people who says they don’t like mangoes. In fact what I have heard is most of us LOVE having Mangoes. Our family is also among the ones who love love love Mangoes.
This Mango lassi is sweet with a unique flavor of yogurt and cardamom in it, it’s extremely refreshing to have a glass full of this during summers. The texture is thick and tastes best when served chilled.
I don’t prefer adding milk to it and use water only if required along with ice cubes. So here we go with the recipe!
- 2 cups of chilled and chopped Mangoes
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt (curd)
- 2 tablespoon of powdered sugar or adjust accordingly the sweetness of the mangoes
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Few mint leaves for garnish
- Few Ice cubes
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer till it is smooth and frothy. Adjust the consistency of the lassi accordingly, I prefer it little thick, add in little water if you wish to have it with thinner consistency.
- Pour into individual glasses, I prefer to serve chilled in tall glasses and serve immediately garnished with mint leaves and chopped mangoes cubes.